The early seventies were a period of remarkable activity for Robert Altman, producing masterpiece after masterpiece. At the time he came to make Images, MASH and McCabe & Mrs. Miller were behind him, with The Long Goodbye, California Split and Nashville still to come.
Originally conceived in the mid-sixties, Images concerns a pregnant children’s author (Susannah York, who won the Best Actress award at the Cannes Film Festival) whose husband (Rene Auberjonois) may or may not be having an affair. While holidaying in Ireland, her mental state becomes increasingly unstable resulting in paranoia, hallucinations and visions of a doppelgänger.
Scored by an Oscar-nominated John Williams, with “sounds” by Stomu Yamash'ta (The Man Who Fell to Earth), Images also boasts the remarkable cinematography of Vilmos Zsigmond (Close Encounters of the Third Kind).
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original camera negative, produced by Arrow Films
exclusively for this release
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original English mono audio (uncompressed LPCM) soundtracks
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Audio commentary by Samm Deighan and Kat Ellinger
• Scene-select commentary by writer/director Robert Altman
• Imagining Images, an archive featurette with Altman and cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond
• Brand new interview with actor Cathryn Harrison
• An appreciation by musician and author Stephen Thrower
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil
This Members tab displays additional content for members, such as exclusive clips, stills and PDF sections of booklets included in several first pressings.
To become a member, and claim 100 free Reward Points, simply visit the REGISTRATION PAGE and enter your details.