Do you want to make a monster? 🦑
Ahoy there, landlubbers! It’s time to set those creative juices afloat… we want YOU to design your very own Michigan Monster to celebrate LAKE MICHIGAN MONSTER dropping anchor on the Arrow Video Channel and Digital HD!
Your monster needs to be black and white and needs to be a sea monster, naturally.
There will be one main winner - this lucky person will see their design made into a collectible figure which will be hand sculpted by award winning FX artist – and Arrow Video Podcast co-host Dan Martin - whose recent work includes Possessor, Host, Color Out of Space, Girl on the Third Floor and Lords of Chaos. The figure will be carded for extra collectability (unbox it at your own peril…) Three runners up will receive a Blu-ray of their choice*
The winners will be judged by the Ryland Brickson Cole Tews, the film’s director, and Mike Cheslik, the film’s producer shortly after the closing date of August 23.
*single releases only folks – no boxsets! The Blu-ray must also be in print to qualify
To get your creative juices flowing, take a look at the synopsis and official trailer below and, if that wasn’t enough, you can watch the full film, on a free 30-day trial, over on the Arrow Video Channel on Apple TV in the UK and US or Amazon in the UK now!
Watch now on Apple TV in the UK & US
Watch now on Amazon Prime in the UK
All aboard! The combined spirits of H.P. Lovecraft, early Sam Raimi and Mystery Science Theater 3000 inhabit this action-packed tale of nautical derring-do and monster mayhem – winner of the Audience Award for Best International Feature at the 2019 Fantasia Film Festival.
On the shores of Lake Michigan, the eccentric Captain Seafield (Ryland Brickson Cole Tews, who also writes and directs) enlists a colourful crew of misfits in a bid to slay the hellish sea monster that prowls the murky depths. But as Seafield’s obsession with exacting revenge on the creature that killed his father threatens to consume him, can weapons expert Sean Shaughnessy (Erick West), sonar whiz Nedge Pepsi (Beulah Peters) and former N.A.V.Y. – Nautical Athletes and Venture Yunit – officer Dick Flynn (Daniel Long) hold the show together?
Shot in gloriously retro black and white on a shoestring budget, with most of the cast also performing multiple roles behind the camera, Lake Michigan Monster is an inventive, irreverent and riotously entertaining ode to the classic monster movies of yesteryear: an absurdist urban legend guaranteed to appeal to the big kid in all of us.
To see more film stills, please head here
How to Enter
- All entries must be created and submitted in black and white.
- Nothing too complex, the finished figure won’t be movable or posable.
- The rest is up to you!
All submissions should be sent to email@example.com with ‘LAKE MICHIGAN MONSTER comp’ in the subject line.
Please feel free to share your design on social media using the hashtag #MyMichiganMonster (however you must ensure your art is submitted by email too to be in with a chance to win!)
The deadline for entries is 11.59 pm (BST) on Sunday August 23
Wishing you all smooth sailing! 🌊
LAKE MICHIGAN MONSTER is streaming now on the Arrow Video Channel in the UK & US
Terms & Conditions
- Competition is open worldwide but you must be 18 years or over, with the exception of those related to employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. Proof of age may be required.
- Entries must be received on before 11.59 pm BST on Sunday August 23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach them by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Of the entries received before the deadline, one overall winner will be selected.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The grand prize for the main winner is a custom action figure of their design. Three runners up will receive a Blu-ray of their choice.
- The runners up can select a single release only, boxsets are not eligible as a prize. The Blu-ray must also be in print and available.
- The winner(s) will be notified via email and announced on the social media channels of The Promoter.
- By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw.
- All work must be entirely original and the entrant’s own.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter is Arrow Films.